Peppermint is such a great oil to have around. It is good for headaches, nausea, reducing fevers, helps with alertness and focus and can be used in cooking and baking! We use it for our headaches, allergies, congestion, tummy aches, sore muscles, adding to ice water, hot tea, brownies or frosting . We have some friends who live an hour away on a very curvy road. Most of the time half of my children are either sick to their stomachs or vomiting! We usually have to stop half way for a break. But when we went to their house recently, and some started to get sick, we passed around the bottle of peppermint, and no one got sick! We didn’t even have to stop! Everyone put a drop of peppermint on their tongue and a drop in their hand and cupped their hand over their nose and mouth and breathed it in. And it took away any feelings of car sickness. Plus it made the car smell so good!
Peppermint is a good layering oil. It’s a good driving in oil. That means it should be the last essential oil “layered” on so that it can drive the first layer of oils in deeper for maximum, deep relief. This technique can be used with Di-Gize for stomach upset and anti-inflammatory oils for pain relief.
**Peppermint is considered a “hot” oil, if you have sensitive skin, dilute the Peppermint 50:50 with a carrier oil.
PEPPERMINT (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded
herbs for soothing digestion. Scientists have researched it’s effect on the
liver and respiratory, improving concentration and mental accuracy. This plant is
grown and distilled at the Young Living Farms.
We are continuing our 110 uses for the Everyday oil Kit. Here we pick up with Peppermint oil:
44. Indigestion / Flatulence / Diarrhea. Rub 4-6 drops if Peppermint oil in
the palm and rub over the stomach and around the naval to relieve indigestion,
flatulence and diarrhea.
45. Heartburn. Add a drop of Peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion
and relieve heartburn.
46. Inflamation (unbroken skin). Massage several drops of Peppermint oil
on an area of injury or chronic inflammation.
47. Injuries Bruise (unbroken skin). Apply Peppermint oil immediately to
an injured area (not broken skin) – bruised shin, hit on the foot or hand –
to relieve pain. If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil around but not
on the open wound.
48. Fever. Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to
49. Itching. Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to
50. Poison Ivy / Poison Oak. For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint
oil on location neat or dilute with V-6 vegetable mixing oil.
51. Working Out. Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to
boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
52. Nausea. Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen to
53. Headache. To relieve a headache, rub a drop of Peppermint oil on the
temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the
back of the neck.
54. Hiccups. To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint oil on each side
of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the large vertebra at
the base of the neck).
55. Alertness/Concentration. Place 2 drops of Peppermint oil on the
tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and
56. Concentration / Recall. Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while
studying to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint oil
while taking a test to improve recall.
57. Travel Sickness. Rub 4 drops of Peppermint oil on the chest and stomach
to relieve travel sickness.
58. Congestion. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale
into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
59. Flavoring / Preservative. Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring
60. Rodents / Ants / Cockroaches. To deter rodents, ants or cockroaches,
place two drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place along the
path or point of entry for these pests.
61. Paint Fumes. Mix a 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint oil into a 5 gallon
can of paint to dispel the fumes.
62. Tea as Coffee Substitute. Place a drop of Peppermint oil in a cup of
hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
63. Aphids. Add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 oz. of water and spray
plants to kill aphids.
64. Summer Cooler. Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of
cold water to cool off on a hot day.
65. Arthritis / Tendonitis. Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis
or tendonitis pain.
66. Bad Breath. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad
67. Curb Appetite. Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to curb the
appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
68. Ticks. Remove tick by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton
swab and swabbing the tick. Wait for it to withdraw its head from the
skin and remove it.
69. Sore Feet. Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet. Keep
water agitated while soaking feet.
Click on HERE for more information on how to order the Everyday Oil Kit at wholesale.