Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calm. It’s this dynamic aroma that has made the flower a classic for perfumes, soaps, fresheners, and beauty products. As one of our most popular products, Lavender oil is a great beginner oil and a must for every home.
Lavender essential oil isn’t just a favorite because of its classic scent—it’s also highly versatile. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse many areas of your life.
You can find Young Living Lavender oil in blends such as Stress Away™, Harmony™, RutaVaLa™, Tranquil™, and Forgiveness™.
Lavender Essential Oil Uses
• Treat yourself to this well-loved aroma by adding a few drops of oil to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products.
• Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops oil and adding to a hot bath.
• Make a basic homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil.
• Unwind with a Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
• Use Lavender as part of your evening routine. Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed or spritz your pillow with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a spray bottle.
• Create a DIY room freshener with Lavender or diffuse it to banish stale odors.
I am thrilled to introduce the new Vitality line of dietary essential oils from Young Living!! These are not new oils at all! They are the same wonderful oils we’ve always had, just labeled for dietary/supplement usage! This means I can tell you that I enjoy a drop of Vitality peppermint oil in my water to aid healthy digestion, but I also enjoy using peppermint oil on my tired muscles!!
Vitality peppermint oil is labeled as dietary usage, and peppermint oil is labeled as topical/aromatic usage. Since many of Young Living’s oils have versatile uses, this new labeling will allow us to share the different ways we can use these amazing oils!!
Use Young Living Lavender Vitality essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia) to create elegant dishes that will impress your family and friends. The herb has a sweet, slightly floral flavor that pairs well with both rich and light foods. Use Lavender Vitality™ essential oil to conveniently add this delightful flavor to your meals.
Although more popular with sweeter recipes, Lavender Vitality oil’s benefits extend to savory dishes as well. In fact, lavender is sometimes included in the famous Herbes de Provence along with spices such as marjoram, thyme, oregano, and rosemary. Put a new spin on a classic meal and pair it with chicken, lamb, or even potatoes.
Just a hint can enhance the flavor of your entire recipe. To avoid overwhelming your food, start small. Try dipping a toothpick in your oil and then swirling the toothpick in your food preparations.
Lavender Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Make homemade fruit jams infused with Lavender Vitality essential oil. Try mixing it with blueberry, apricot, raspberry, or peach jams and jellies.
- Combine Lavender Vitality’s earthy, low notes with bright citrus flavors. Experiment with lavender-lemonade or a citrus sorbet.
- Complement dairy with Lavender Vitality in shortbread, pound cake, ice cream, meringue, or whipped cream recipes.
- Balance Lavender Vitality in savory dishes with herbs such as thyme, rosemary, and oregano.
I only recommend Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils, since lower quality oils do not have the same qualities and may actually be toxic.
To get started using therapeutic grade essential oils with your family, I recommend purchasing our Premium Starter Kit! This way, you’ll enjoy wholesale prices all the time! It includes eleven of Young Living’s most popular essential oil singles and blends, an ultrasonic diffuser (worth $100.00!), essential oil samples for sharing, and 2 NingXia Red immune boosting drinks! In addition, I’ll send you free essential oil reference material to help you learn how to start using your essential oils! Get started now!
By the way, I am not a doctor – just a mom who uses essential oils in her own family. Please know that any information provided on Mama’s Essential Oil Cabinet is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, nor replace current medical treatment or drugs prescribed by your healthcare professional. The statements made have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is your responsibility to educate yourself and address any health or medical needs you may have with your physician. Please seek professional help when needed.